Sunday, October 31, 2010

Say 'Cheese'

...Not happening.

I'm far from photogenic, but that's not why I hate photos. I'm hyper-photosensitive in my right eye, so flashes basically see me blind for a little while. That I hate.

But let's put that aside, as it's not the issue here. We're talking about people and photos.

Group photos. They're a way of saying 'yeah, see, I was with these guys' and a way of remembering exactly who 'these guys' are. People take photos because they don't want to have to remember everything, (and more often than not, because they CAN'T remember everything. =_=)

But that's not all a photo is used for. People send them via mail and e-mail to friends and family across the globe, as a way of saying, 'this is me now, compared to the last photo I sent you'. It allows families to keep in touch, despite distance.

Maybe that's not all, but the majority of people use their cameras for such purposes. As for the small minorities, we have the professional photographers, who take photos for a living...and then the others...who we will not speak of.

No comments:

Post a Comment